Come in, Mavis Store is OPEN!
New year, new store
Introducing Mavis Store! Mavis Store is a webshop where you can buy in-game items – both on-chain and off-chain. It’s even accessible within the Ronin wallet. Snag powerups, cosmetics, rewards, and more. Pay with $RON, $AXS, $SLP, $WETH and $USDC.
There are two items available on Mavis Store today: Battle Bears Gas Cans and Origins Gems. 0.5% of all Mavis Store revenue goes to the Ronin Treasury, which means RON now accrues value from yet another source. There will be more items available on the Mavis Store soon.
Use the Origins Gems you buy in Mavis Store to buy other items in the Origins Shop. Remember that 10% of Origins Gem revenue in the Origins Shop goes to the Axie Community Treasury, which accrues value to AXS. 90% also goes to the Origins Vault, strengthens Origins. More info below.
Every adventure calls for new items – and somewhere to get them. Harry Potter got his wand from Olivander’s. Goku got his orange gi from Master Roshi. What about Ronin and Axie gamers? They can now go to the Mavis Store for many of their in-game items. Mavis Store is a webshop for in-game items – both on and off-chain. Snag powerups, cosmetics, rewards, and more. Pay with $RON, $AXS, $SLP, $WETH and $USDC. Here’s why it matters to our movement:
Mavis Store: a Win-Win for the Ronin Movement
Game developers come to Ronin when they want to launch the next breakout Web3 game. The more features at their fingertips, the more they can build. For example, the Pay with WRON feature opened the door for thousands of players to purchase Pixels’ VIP memberships. As a result, Pixels is now cash-flow positive. This is a win-win for the Pixels team and the players they serve. So, where does the Mavis Store come in?
Mavis Store gives developers the space to offer in-game items to their communities. Think new skins. Stat boosters. Lootboxes. There are no limits except the creativity of our game studio allies. That means your favorite Web3 games are going to get a lot more interesting – and maybe even more competitive! You’ll have new experiences to explore, and new loops to discover. Mavis Store is another step towards infinite gaming opportunities.
High fees for in-game items on the App Store and Play Store can often suffocate game developers’ revenue. In comparison, the small 5% fee Sky Mavis receives for maintenance of the Mavis Store is a breath of fresh air for builders. We’re also directing 0.5% of every in-store transaction to the Ronin Treasury, which accrues even more value to the RON token and everyone who holds it.
What’s in Store?
We have an expansive vision for Mavis Store, and today is just the first step. For now, you can find two items on Mavis Store: Battle Bears Gas Cans and Origins Gems. Let’s look at each one:
Battle Bears Gas Cans
In Battle Bears, players can use Gas Cans to travel to the battlefield where they’ll fight for rewards and experience. There are packages of Gas Cans from $2 USD to $1,000 USD available. In-app purchases can also yield up to 50% in extra items – this bonus is exclusive to Gas Can packages listed in Mavis Store. Purchases of Gas Cans on Mavis Store may even make a user eligible for future rewards.
In the Mavis Store, players can now purchase off-chain Origins Gems. Use these to buy special items in the Origins Shop. For example, use Origin Gems to adopt starter axies like Noir and Rouge! Remember that the Origins Shop is in Origins. That means you’ll have to buy Gems on Mavis Store, then open Origins to use them. Here’s how that will work:
Buy Gems on Mavis Store → Open Axie Infinity: Origins → Buy special items and consumables in the Origins Shop
In November, we shared that 90% of the revenue generated in the Origins Shop by Gems will go to the Origins vault. These funds will be used to make Origins even better. The remaining 10% goes to the Axie Treasury, which also strengthens Origins and accrues value to AXS.
Want to understand how this revenue helps drive more players to Origins, gets Origins in more countries, and gives our team more resources to build? Read our previous announcement here.
How to Buy Items at the Mavis Store
Step 1: Visit store.skymavis.com
Step 2: Log in with your email or Ronin Wallet
Step 3: Browse the in-game items available
Step 4: Buy items and pay with $RON, $AXS, $SLP, $WETH or $USDC
Note: games that connect to your Mavis Account will not ask for your Game ID. However, you’ll need to input your Game ID to buy Battle Bears items.
2024 is just getting started, and we’re excited to kick it off with Mavis Store’s launch. What will our game studio allies build? What would you like them to build? Let us know on X or Discord, and let’s keep building together.